Tuesday, January 31, 2012

But who cares about The Bachelor when you have Downton Abbey.

Are you watching Downton Abbey? If not then you are seriously lacking something in your life. This show is LEGIT. It makes up for the sucking that a certain Bachelor show is doing this season. However, to even compare the two is borderline blasphemy.


 I sort of start to freak out when I think about how good it is...

The acting!

The clothes.






































The love stories.


The hotness of Sybil.






































Every, single, thing about Maggie Smith.






































Downton Abbey makes every other show look challenged.  All other shows should just give up.

Downtown Abbey is without a doubt the best show on tv. Do yourself a favor and go to PBS.org or Netflix and start from Season 1. Do it my friends. Do it.

But if you are already watching...are you as in love as me (and the rest of the free world)?

PS. If you are watching, Jenny (genius) from the blog My Favorite and My Best (hilarious) recaps every episode here and does her own impression of the best Maggie Smith lines. Must read/watch for any Downton Abbey addicts.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

My world became a better place the day that Maggie Smith sat on that swivel chair.

I'm A. said...

I just laughed out loud reading that. Hilarious indeed.

Ty and Meg said...

haha The swivel chair part was awesome. I love Maggie Smith so much. This show really is fabulous. Refreshing after all the other garbage I watch.

kalie said...

On my list of things to watch, for sure. Mindy told me each episode costs $1 million to make!!!

e said...

Maggie Smith is a global treasure. The wait for season 2 was painful; I learned a lot about endurance. My Stake President preached Downton Abbey from the pulpit ("I hope you're all watching Downton Abbey"), which 1) proves how awesome my stake is, but 2) proves how indisputably amazing this show is.

bets said...

amen to everything. only just started watching it a few weeks ago (my angel mother bought me the first season and i'm s l o w l y working through it because otherwise, i'd be done in a day) and seriously, phenomenal. i should have been born then-flat-chested girls were all the rage.

Cami Daniels said...

Thanks for the recommendation - I'm totally going to check this show out!

Barb said...

Oh, I love it too! (Who the heck styled that shot of Lord Grantham sitting on the floor?? Whaaa? He would NEVER!)

Chelsie Milne said...

I took your advice and started watching this today.. and I am in love! Thank you for bringing this show to my attention.

Michelle T-C said...

Love it.

Tom and lorenzo also do pretty great recaps - in case you may be interested....

www.tomandlorenzo.com

lin741852 said...

burberry bolsas
chanel bolsas
chloe bolsas
sac louis vuitton 2012
louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton
porte cles louis vuitton
boucle chanel
dior bolsas
sac dolce gabbana
sac guess 2012
sac gucci
tee shirts armani hommes
tee shirts burberry femmes
tee shirts chanel femmes
sac guess
dolce gabbana bolsas
burberry tasche
chanel tasche
fendi bolsas
Christian Louboutin Soldes
Christian Louboutin 2012
chaussures Christian Louboutin
gucci bolsas
guess bolsas
dior tasche
sac a main
lunettes de soleil
chaussures louis vuitton
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton