Sunday, May 8, 2011

My daughter.



i've thought of you my whole life.

wondered what you would look like. what your name would be. how it would feel to be your mother.

i used to draw pictures of you in my junior high notebook; stick figures, with a big smiling face and dark, curly hair. or sometimes a short bob with bangs. i would doodle your possible names in cursive.

one sure thing in my life, for as long as i can recall, is the total sureness that i would have a daughter.

and now you are here. and no amount of imagining could have gotten me anywhere near your perfection. {however, i did think you'd have a little more hair.}

but that is neither here nor there. because you are here. and you are mine. and you are my everything.

this mothers day, my first...i am so grateful for you, my sweet, angel daughter, who has taught me about pure love and the meaning of life more than anyone or anything before you.

being your mama has brought the greatest joy i have ever known. and such a huge amount of gratitude for my own mother...because this is a HARD job!

so happy mothers day to my amazing mother. happy mothers day to my sweet mother-in-law. and happy mothers day to all of you other moms or moms-to-be out there.

4 comments:

Barb @ getupandplay said...

Happy Mother's day to you! You are a such a fun mom and I love these pics of you and baby C.

Trav and Lizzie said...

Okay, I had a tear for that one.
A blog post and talk in church by 10 am, mucho impressive!!

Meg said...

So sweet. You are an amazing mama. I really hope we get to live by each other so we can do this together some day. Love you and your sweetest C baby.

Melissa said...

C is still so so cute even with a little less hair than you imagined. I know I told you this, but we really enjoyed your talk. Seriously one of the most thoughtful and unique (in a good way) mother's day talks I have heard. I am glad you guys were cool enough to book the springview on mother's day even after you moved out of the ward.