Monday, February 21, 2011

A little update.

the exterior is coming along. brick is all finished. i like the way it looks. there will be shakes up in the eves of the house and board & batten along the center.

all of the trim and the pillars will be white.

here is our front door, which has yet to be stained. we will put it up when we are a bit closer to done so all the people coming in and out of the house won't destroy it.


i love the fireplace. ed, our awesome builder, is obviously a great carpenter. we are still deciding between stone or brick.

hardwood floors are in! they are still unsanded and unstained. that comes last. we chose walnut because we wanted a wood that is naturally very dark. i love, LOVE the floors. LOVE. this photo makes the wood look a little gold/light brown. this wood is neither of those.




view from the kitchen:


a look at some of the wood work:

we wanted to keep it simple and craftsman-y. i think it will look perfect when all the painting is finished {they start painting tomorrow so i have one, last night to finalize colors! yikes!}:


all this progress makes us very, very happy!


and here are a few shots for the road of c helping daddy work:


6 comments:

Andy and Sara said...

Looks great!! How exciting!

Melissa Stringham said...

That is exciting. I drove by it the other day and it looks great. I can't imagine having to choose colors and things. When my parents built their new house it was like a full time job for my mom! You must be stressed. I can't wait to see it finished. When will you get to move in?

Meg said...

How is it that C is the cutest thing on Earth?? I am in love with her.
And SARSER! You have a house! I can't believe it. It looks so beautiful. I cannot wait to see it in person.

Kate said...

fun fun fun! i can't wait to see it all put together.

Katrina said...

so exciting! i can't wait to see your pain colors.

Dustin and Whit said...

you are like a real grown up with a real house and everything! I can't wait to see how it all turns out, it is going to be fabulous! I am SO SO SO looking forward to tonight, I need to get out of this house!