Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgivingness

for thanksgiving this year we went to portland. awesomely, i didn't actually take any photos of the thanksgiving part. i'm really bummed about it because my sister made some really incredible food. and i blame the lack of photos on the crappity hotel we stayed in. short tangent: we arrived to find a broken crib in our room. so i made c a little bed on the floor even though i was pissed about it. she slept ok-ish until we were awoken at 1:30 in the morning to a high-pitched, LOUD, noise. turns out...after and hour of investigation by me because numerous phone calls to the front desk proved pointless since the front desk girl was a total moron...it was the stanley steamer guys cleaning the kitchen in another building. W TF? the noise woke c up. who decided to stay awake for the remained of the night. that equaled fun times for b and i. and the next day, thanksgiving, i wanted to die. also, our tv didn't work. 17 thumbs down shilo inn. end tangent.
*
so...while i forgot to take photos of the food i luckily managed to pull it together for the remainder of the trip.
*
c was so happy to see her aunt megan again. finally! (and happy to see uncle tyler too, of course. )


we got a few family shots. we really missed trent who is kickin it old school in paraguay right now. and i dont really know what that means.



we also saw some sights because b had never been to portland before.

gorgeous as usual but...




i'm much more enamoured with this sight now-a-days...
i hope you all had happy thanksgivings. now onto christmas and then new years and then my child going away to college.

6 comments:

Dustin and Whit said...

Thanksgiving pics are overrated anyways, besides, you got some killer family ones- I can't believe how much personality C has in those photos, she is really growing up! I love her knit hat, I wish Halle would wear hats these days (enjoy that while you can) I definitely want to get together, I finally got my portrait lense for my camera and can't get a decent pic with it to save my life, I need help, preferebly before baby comes- which is why i even got it in the first place. Anyways, hope you all have fun tonight, I am missing being there!

Ali said...

Sorry about the hotel nightmare but how cute is your family? I love love love your hair and your baby's smile is to die for.

I laughed my head off at your post's final sentence and then I wanted to cry because it's so true.

kliso said...

Right after college she will give you a beautiful grand baby!

Tyler and Megan said...

FREAK! She is cute. I am so happy Christmas break is just 3 weeks away. I am also so happy you guys made it out. Sorry Shilo sucked so bad. Now we know.

Marcus and Amy said...

oh my goodness...she is adorable!

Amanda said...

Love it all! Love the last picture, love the color coordinating, love how much your siblings and you look alike. Looks like you had a marvelous Thanksgiving.