Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Caroline's Blessing Day

we blessed our sweet girl on sunday.
i wanted her to wear my blessing dress but it has yellowed over the years. so the dress she is wearing is new. however, these were my grandmother's shoes.

my oh my how life has changed since adding c to the mix. just tonight we were remembering the total freedom we had just 2.5 months ago. we could see a movie whenever we wanted! i could eat a meal uninterrupted! it didn't take us 25 mintues to load up the car! but, we wouldn't change our new life for the world. we love this little girl more than words can say and i feel so blessed that i get to be her mom forever. i'll let you know if i still feel that way when she is 15.

we just had a small little group of immediate family due to the fact that my parents are currently living in a rental while they build a house. and we are currently living in a basement while we decide what to do with our lives.


me and mini b

9 comments:

Starr said...

Aw such a great day - and those shoes. Holy cow, what a treasure. She is already looking like a 3 month old. These dang babies! Why do they have to grow so fast!

Tyler and Megan said...

Love her, love you! So sad I could not be there. I can't wait until next month. Please don't let Gina eat the other shoe. I would like my future children to use them as well. Thanks.

Ali said...

She is irresistible! I'm glad her blessing day was a special one :)

Marcus and Amy said...

Adorable! Love the dress!

kliso said...

Cutest Grandchild on the planet! (No surprise)

Dustin and Whit said...

that dress is AMAZING, she looks so beautiful, and I love your hair- it has made me recommit to bangs (a dilemma I have had over the past few weeks)

Anne, Ryan, Emily and McCoy said...

She looks beautiful - you all do! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Taylor and Cami Weight said...

so precious! I'm sad I still haven't seen her and want to get together soon! When are you free?

Drea said...

Congratulations! What a fun day!