Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Please say it isn't so!

after 20 {!} years my most favorite of all favorite burger joints, eat-a-burger, is closing. sob!
*
b and i stopped by for dinner on friday {before we watched food, inc. ... ha} and learned the extremely bad news.
*
i felt seriously depressed. not just because they have, in my humble opinion, the WORLDS BEST fries and fry sauce...
and one of my all time favorite cheese burgers...but because of all the memories i have there. i have been eating at eat-a-burger for nearly my entire life. i went there with my parents, my grandmother, friends all through high school and junior high, many a boyfriend and my now husband. i ate there for lunch the day of my wedding dinner. we picked up a million meals from eat-a-burger when we were remodeling my parents house. we got take-out from there many weekend nights when my parents went out and i was left to babysit. everyone who works there has a familiar face. almost EVERY time i go i see someone i know and love from the neighborhood where i grew up or friends from school. loosing eat-a-burger makes me seriously sad! they close their doors, after twenty years, on january 31st. everyone go one last time!

6 comments:

Meg said...

No way! That is very sad news. We also went there on one of the days right before my wedding when we were all gardening but it was raining to hard to keep working- so we went there to wait out the rain. Do you remember that? I don't know why I do. And Tyler worked there for awhile too. Did you know that? And their fries are ridiculous. And their teriyaki burgers. And all their burgers. Sad. Go for me since I wont be able to. :(

Tiffany said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was our favorite family Saturday lunch spot. I'm in mourning.

Jen said...

That is just about the worst news ever! I have eaten Eat-A-Burger Fries in the hospital after every baby (and gazillions of other times too). I'll definitely have to get a trip in soon!

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Especially the appellation attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Erin Taylor said...

Man! Why did you have to tell me this? I LOVE this place!!! And I can't eat solid food because of my mouth surgery. Dangit! I am crossing my fingers I can eat something before they close!!!!