Friday, December 4, 2009

The big purchase.

b is super awesome and already bought me a new camera as an early christmas present. we researched and researched and RESEARCHED the shee out of that purchase. and finally decided on this camera with the kit lens {which has been surprisingly awesome}: we also bought this lens which is INCREDIBLE:

i've been extremely happy with this lens. it was ridiculously inexpensive and takes the best portraits ever. every time i take a picture with it i sort of freak out a little because i love it so much. you can up your aperture and get a really lovely shallow depth of field.
{photos by me}
.
nikon vs. canon is always the debate. and i agonized over what to do.
i'm already pretty familiar with nikon's operating system from using my d40 for the last few years. so, in the end, that is one of the reasons that we decided to stick with nikon.
and we visited pictureline which is one of the only pro-camera shops in utah. they helped me decide, finally, to stick with nikon. that place is AMAZING and the people who work there rock. they know EVERYTHING about cameras. i will never shop anywhere again. if you live in salt lake and are thinking of purchasing a camera or any camera related gear...go there. trust me.
it is a whole different ball game from trying to get some good information about a huge camera purchase from one of the 19-year-olds that work at Inkleys, etc.
*
so christmas came early this year. but if i could wish for one more thing it would be this for sure:

9 comments:

Meg said...

I want a Nikon!! Ugh. Someday. Also...you should post more of the pictures you took in Portland.

Jen said...

That is a very merry Christmas - even if it is early! We are Canon people, but I also have a 50mm 1.8 - LOVE LOVE LOVE! I am one day wishing for a 50mm 1.4...but I have to keep wishing because it is not-so-rediculously-inexpensive. Dreams, sigh.

Katrina said...

fun! i love my nikon and my 5o mm too!

Steve said...

Wow. Awesome camera! My stuff is all shot with my ghetto little Canon SD750 point-and-shoot. One of these days I'll graduate to a real camera....

e said...

Jealous. Pretty pictures. Pretty you.

kl said...

Hey Andrea get your tooty over to my house and practice taking pictures of my brood -- pronto!! love you! - - Kelli

† Brycrasch said...

SOOOOO jealous!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I am so glad you posted this. Lincoln and I are getting the D90 for Christmas and were debating about getting the 50mm or not... glad you recommend it!

Aron said...

1.8... Ah the possibilities!
Enjoy your blog!