Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boo hoo.

i watched the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford this weekend. it was gorgeous and well done and brilliantly acted. but i just felt so effected. i couldn't sleep that night and i haven't been able to get it out of my head since. i'm not exactly sure why. watching jesse james' slow mental break down and the heart breaking obsession of bob ford, loving jesse james more than he had ever loved anyone, wanting to be accepted by him and then knowing he would have to betray him was just painful to watch. the narratives were really beautiful too. so i think that means i recommend it.

in other news, watched michael jackson's memorial service live at work today. what a major bummer. i bawled about 15 times. i think i feel like being sad.

the end.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I have never even heard of this movie before. And don't be sads. Come to Portland to play wif me!

Dustin and Whit said...

I just caught myself up to speed with your blog and have to say that first off- Hires so gets number one on my list, in fact I was offended it was five on yours, that hurt. Second, watching the bachlorette has become my biggest guilty pleasure second only to reading your commentary about it after every episode... its pathetic the enjoyment a get from it but thanks for it anyways, i too love Ed and I too loved the pilot of Glee and will be an avid follower come fall. That is all i have to say at this point on your blog. also i am sorry i have become an inactive book clubber but look forward to reactivation in the near future