Monday, February 18, 2008

The Grand Tour

since the remodel project began we have been crashing at my grandparents house for about ... ohh ... eleventy years. thusly, i decided that it was high time that i give you all the grand tour.
*
now let me preface this by saying that my grandmother has an unhealthy addiction to all things knick-knacky. its pretty much a knick-knack explosion in her home. {and if you think this is bad you should see the motorhome...or the 2nd home in st. george, which is utah's version of florida.}
*
warning: some of these images may not be suitable for younger viewers.
*
first up, this is what greets you as you walk through the front door:

a mountain man? a trapper? a polygamist? we really aren't sure.

this clock is not so bad, except for the fact that it is hung about one inch from the ceiling. umm...whaa?my grandmother's home is fake-flower heaven. seriously:this haunts me in my sleep:a knick-knack shelf, built to house knick-knakcs. this is one of about 37,000 located in the home. {look closey and you may see a deer wearing a santa hat. everyone needs a deer wearing a santa hat in thier home.}in the background you will notice the lovely mauve and forrest green floral couch. stunning. but what is that in the fore ground you ask?why its a boob cat of course! boob cat is my favorite. i'm pretty sure i might ask my grandmother to put this under my name in the will.

10 comments:

Katrina said...

Awesome!

Robin said...

Ha, that is too funny. That clock is fantastic. Luckily my grandparents aren't too into knick-knacks, but there is a shocking amount of fake ivy in their house.

Annika said...

Andrea! I am so glad that you found me too. It has been fun to look through your blog and see what you have been up to. This post about your grandma's house is SO funny! I am not a fan of knick knacks either but grandparents definitely are. I would love to get together sometime. Clayton is just so funny to reminisce about. I would love it!

Claire said...

sweet. it reminds me of the woman we bought our home from... she left lots of "surprises" behind for us to discover.

Barb said...

There are no words...

ali said...

I just took photos of my G-ma's spread! Good minds think alike.

Although yours totally beats mine when it comes to artificial flowers.

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Wow...I have no other words.

Ali Flegal said...

hilarious! this post made my morning. Initially I thought andrew's g-ma could give your a run for her money in the knick-knack department/floral haven, but you've so easily proven me wrong!

sarah at twolooseteeth.com said...

ha ha. this is awesome. also, welcome back! i'm so glad to have you around the internet. i missed you.

Ape said...

I am laughing out loud!!!!! thx