Thursday, October 25, 2007

Flu Shots and a Praying Mantis

this week i got a flu shot. and i didn't really want to. but its was free {!}. i'm all about the free {!} stuff. but still, i didn't really want to. and everyone said "oh, andrea, get a grip! flu shots don't even hurt. duh!" and so i went. and i got a flu shot. and you know what? it hurt! and now here i am typing a blog. and it still hurts. and i feel like i might die. although i do realize that i may be overreacting just a bit.
*
in other news. this week at lunch i got into a fight with a praying mantis.
*
i was just walking along, minding my own business, when all of a sudden this praying mantis's was like "hey lady! watch it!!"
*
and i was like "excuse me?!"

and he was like "you heard me..."
praying mantis's can be such jerks!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That praying mantis is huge!
I'd be freaked out. Stay safe lovely lady.

Katrina said...

So just how did the praying mantis get on your phone? That is a curious situation.

sarah said...

HA! i love you.

Ali Flegal said...

So I wasn't nervous about getting my flu shot until I read your post. But I do appreciate your honesty.

jamieanne said...

Wow. You really are a sucker for free things. You got a flu shot?!? (And I thought I was the Queen of all that was free...nothing can trick me into getting a shot...nothing).

Emma said...

Shots suck ass.
I still expect an Elmo sticker and a lollipop when I get them, and I am well past sticker-and-lollipop age.

JP Jespersen said...

Looks like he was trying to steal your cellphone. A Praying Mantis tried to steal my cellphone once.

I like your blog a lot. You should update it more.