Tuesday, August 21, 2007

the new jaaarb

week three at the new job. i would go as far as to say that it is pretty okay. working with intelligent people who know how to turn on their computers is a breath of fresh air. my previous boss...not so much. true story. i had to remind him how to 'copy' and 'paste' almost every day for 2 years. assisting senile old men who can't figure out how to send an email is enough to drive a girl crazy. and i think that when you would be better placed in a rest home than in an office that is probably a good time to retire.
*
so in that sense i'm moving up in the world.
*
the new job at the big firm is quite the change. i'm busy all day with not a moment of down time. say whaaa? yeah, i know. but i have a fabulous view from my 10th floor window and i'm learning all sorts of silly joby things. and lets be honest, the pay increase was what really sold me. money whore? maybe so. but i can always be virtuous next year.

6 comments:

tiffany said...

Yay for you and the new job! Go ahead and be a money whore, just as long as you take time to blog. :)

Robin said...

Glad you're back! Good luck with all the job stuff. To answer your question, yes I do eat lunch downtown. Today I was sitting on a bench right outside the COB. Was it really me you saw? I'm usually on the plaza somewhere.

Barb said...

You can always tell when someone's job has picked up when their blogging slows down. Case in point- you and me. Good luck with the new joby things. :)

Sarah said...

I am so glad you are back!! Wondered where you were. You were at work! Welcome back. Defnitely missed your posts!

alyson. said...

yay!! congrats on the new job, and that view sounds awesome.

and blog blocker!? I really hope I don't find a job where I have that! blogging is my moment of freedom during the work day!

sarah said...

I'm so glad you're liking your job, friend. And I'm so glad there are some fresh blogs up!