Thursday, August 30, 2007

I love vampires more than I love zombies.

please don't misunderstand. i absolutely love zombies. but…i wouldn't give my soul to spend eternity with one. and guess what people…i don't just love vampires because of my obsession with the book twilight {me and every 13-year-old-tween alive}. i was on the vampire band wagon WAY before that. seriously you guys, i loved vampires way back before it was cool to love vampires. in 3rd grade i checked out every vampire book available. i love vampires. and i'm not joking. if i ever came in contact with some ridiculously beautiful, brooding, mysterious, pale, un-dead vampire i promise you i would happily give my soul. vampires are hot.
*
ok…so on to twilight. have you read it? i have. all 600{ish} pages. in 2 days.
*
immediate first impressions included thoughts such as:
*
-"wow. i effing love vampires. this book is the best ever."
-"holy CRAP this is the best book EVER"
-"best. book. ever."
*
but after i calmed down a little bit i realized a few things. for instance:
*
-mostly i think the heroine is whiney, lame and insecure and she most absolutely does not deserve the beautiful, brooding, mysterious, most awesome, undying {pun intended. ha.} vampire love that she so blessedly receives. sometimes i would exchange the heroines name, bella, with my name. and i would imagine that i looked a lot like kate beckinsale in that horrible movie underworld that nobody liked except for me, who seriously loved it a lot because, you know, i really love vampires.
-i effing love vampires
*
ok, but let's be honest. even though it is not the best piece of teen literature i have ever gotten my hands on…i still could not put it down. and that has not happened for a long time. i was reading in the car on the way to work {dangerous…don't do it}. i was reading for my entire lunch break, while in the shower, while sitting on the potty {to much info?}, while riding the elevator up to my floor at work. i kept the book in my desk drawer at the office so I could read a sentence here and there when no one was looking. i adore it when a book sucks me in. this booked sucked me in.
*
so, flaws aside, i must recommend. you guys, it's about vampires! how could anyone pass that up?! go buy it today. do not get on a 9 week waiting list at the library. just go buy it. and then buy the 2nd book. it comes with super, awesome vampire temporary tattoos in the back. for free! i'm applying mine tonight.
{photo of me dressed as a vampire who likes to bite the necks of scary witches in little ceasars. good times.}

3 comments:

Barb said...

I thought I was the only one! I love vampire mythology, too! I think the attraction is their underlying sexiness coupled with overt scariness- it makes me tingly!

Here is my ranking of pop culture vamps:
1- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the series)
2- Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse
3-Underworld (Kate Beckinsale was badass)
4-"The Vampyre" by John Polidori (written at the same time and place as Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein")
5-"Interview with a Vampire" (so scary and so great!)
6-Bram Stoker's "Dracula"
7-Transylvania 6-5000
8-the Count from Sesame Street
9-Count Chocula cereal
10- "Once Bitten" with Jim Carrey

Anne said...

I'm just a couple chapters away from finishing Twilight. I love it! I can't wait to read the second (and third). I love it when three's a book that you just can't put down, but you're sad when it's over. You'll have to let me know what you think of the other two books.

Lindsey & Tommy said...

I too am so addicted to the Twilight series. Once the movie comes out... we need to all have a gno and go see it!! I love your blog by the way! You are so creative! How are you doing anyway... I haven't talked to you in SO long.