Friday, August 3, 2007

The desert island game

it is friday! the bourne ultimatum comes out today! it looks like it might rain! it is also my last day at my job, which is a little bittersweet but exciting none-the-less and definitely something that warrants an exclamation point at the end of this sentence!
*
so, in celebration of all of these exciting events i thought we could play a little game.
*
so here is the deal...you and one celebrity are washed up on a desert island where you will live out the rest of your days. lucky for you, you get to bring along one c.d. {magic c.d. player that will last forever included} and one book. what do you choose and which celebrity do you want to spend forever on a beach with and why?
*
here are my picks: it was a toss-up between clive owen and john cusack. after much deliberation i went with john cusack. he is just so normal-guy sexy and hilariously, sarcastically funny and intelligent. i think i might be in love with him.
*
for my one c.d. i pick spoon's newest album entitled 'ga ga ga ga ga' because i think it is their best album so far and because i never get sick of spoon.
*
my one book would be robinson crusoe by daniel defoe. it not only happens to be my most favoritest book but it also serves as a survival guide for someone stuck on a desert island.
*
ok, your turn. who and what would you pick and why?
*
{picture by meeshy mooshy}

12 comments:

Amanda the Couch said...

Brad Pitt cuz honestly, i would feel a great human need to procreate with such human perfection. we would listen to Dave Matthews Band Crash over and over and over and sing tripping billies by the fire every night and i would take Gone With the Wind just cuz its my favorite all time novel and i would make brad act out scenes from it with me.

thanks!

Amanda the Couch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Well, I'd have to say Tom Hanks because I'm pretty sure he would know how to make it on a desert island. Then I would take Life of Pi to read because it is so wise and entertaining and also full of rad survival skills. My music would be James Taylor Live because James never goes out of style.

Galadriel Thompson said...

That's so weird! I just visited your blog for the first time and here I am sitting here listening to Spoon as I'm reading about how you would pick Spoon's CD as your one CD.

High five!

Barb said...

I can never decide stuff like this! I'd probably choose John Krasinski (he seriously gives me butterflies like a high school crush). Music would be hard because I LOVE so many things, it's hard to pick just one. (I'd actually probably pick something classical). And books, oh, books are like my children, how do you choose one over the other??

Shelby said...

Hm. Cliche- Johhny Depp, as Cpt Jack Sparrow. Not JD in really life, as he would babble about his French wife with the gap tooth and his "children", but spending my days in a drunken stupor with leik teh hottest dude evah!111! would certainly improve my morale. And perhaps I would suddenly look like Keira Knightely? Hm. As for music, I would probably go for something by Air or classical, to soothe myself. Book, hm. How to Get Off An Island Using Only A Piece of Your Hair and Simetanously Lose Ten Pounds? You know. Wow, this is an epic comment. It deserves a John Williams score.

Regan & Annie Duckworth said...

Saw your post on Nicole's blog. Check ours out.

beautyandthejurist.blogspot.com

-Regan

Emma said...

CD- Easy. Regina Spektor's "Begin To Hope".
Book- Also easy. "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.
Celebrity-wise- PAUL RUDD PAUL RUDD PAUL RUDD.
Awesome questions!

Emma said...

CD- Easy. Regina Spektor's "Begin To Hope".
Book- Also easy. "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.
Celebrity-wise- PAUL RUDD PAUL RUDD PAUL RUDD.
Awesome questions!

Catherine said...

Ooh that is a hard one for me! To choose one cd and one book! I guess cd wise it would be Achtung Baby by U2, cause it has all the emotions and moods, book The Count of Monte Cristo, and celeb, hmmm I like James McAvoy, he's cute, scottish, what more could you want!

Ali Flegal said...

What's my problem? I have NO CLUE on all three. I really need to find myself.

Camilla said...

an actor with an irish or scottish accent for sure! or else mark ruffalo - i love him! as for cd - probably cyndi lauper or early madonna for solo dance party entertainment? and book: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay