Thursday, July 5, 2007

I take pictures.

on the fourth day of july, in the two thousand and seventh year after the death of our Lord, i went to an annual neighborhood breakfast and a cabin and a rodeo. because out here in utah we celebrate proper.
*
utah is so stinking gorgeous that i would marry it if i could.

here are some wildflowers. they grow in the wild and are very rarely captured on film. this is a special treat and my july 4th gift to you. your welcome.

everyone knows that any rodeo that is worth its bunk starts off with a stirring rendition of the national anthem. doesn't this just make your soul soar? i know it does mine. ride em cowboy. all this non stop, action packed excitement is why most people go to the rodeo. but this is why i go to the rodeo. look at that athleticism! he's single ladies. {just kidding, i have no idea if he's single.}

and this is why my dad goes to the rodeo.

check out this delicious utah summer sky. is that a killer sunset or what?

and in case you didn't see enough fireworks last night, here are some pictures of fireworks. yawn.


oooh! ahhh!


the end.

11 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful!

Katrina said...

You are funny! And I LOVE the pictures!!!

Camilla said...

fab fireworks!

Robin said...

Those are great pictures! I love the first few especially.

alyson. said...

I love the wildflowers!
naturally. :)

tiffany said...

Great pictures of a proper Utah 4th of July! I like the last one best. It's proof that adults still get impressed from time to time.

Thanks for sharing!

Ali Flegal said...

Andrea,
I needed to see this post. Apparently they don't celebrate the fourth of July in Germany, so I really appreciated each picture!

Megan said...

haha I love it! OH what a FUN FUN DAY! ha

Emily said...

If a polygamous union was allowed, I'd marry Utah, too. I haven't been to many places who's beauty rivals the Wasatch Mountains.
I've read a lot of 4th of July posts and I think this one gets my vote for best of all. I think it's the Rodeo--cowboys are just so American to me...and sexy, too. Great post. Yee-haw!

Ape said...

Love the post! I missed you at the breakfast, fun to see what your up to with the blog.

ali said...

You are a perfect appreciator of this land/culture. Cheers to you!