Monday, June 18, 2007

Ratatouille (rat.a.too.ee).

this weekend i saw a special screening of the new disney/pixar movie, ratatouille. i loved every second. the story is sweet, the message is memorable and the characters are totally lovable and realistic. the animation is beyond incredible. those pixar guys are getting better and better at making animation look like real-life. the expressions that the little rats make are spot-on. there are a few shots of paris that are absolutely breathtaking and if i could i would pause the screen, print it out, and hang it on my wall.
*

jason over at kottke wrote his own review which says it all much better than i could so go check it out.
*

kids, obviously, will love it. but its a great date movie too. feel-good, genuine and happy with many funny moments and a sweet ending. i highly recommend.
*
ratatouille's website can be found here.
*
oh, and oceans 13 is great too, if only because of this:

but really, it is good. good plot. good cast {of course}. good cinematography, all retro and las vegasy.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

I was wondering if anyone had seen Ratatouille as a screening! I really want to see it and now that I knoew it's likable, I'm happy to plunk down some money on it when it hits our theatres!

Megan said...

mmm matt, george and brad...

Sarah said...

I am very excited to see both, thanks for the recommendations.

Sarah said...

I love your new banner! Very nice. Yes, am looking forward to Ocean's 13.

Barb said...

Loved Ocean's 13. Especially the inside jokes (I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, but for those of you who have, you know what I'm talking about).

Melissa Stringham said...

I can't wait to see Ocean's 13. I probably will not see the rat movie because every time I see a preview I feel like I am going to hurl...images of food and morning sickness do not mix.