Thursday, June 14, 2007

My daddy:

trivia fanatic and star wars geek, more madly in love with my mother each week, can fix anything, passionate about life, tender hearted and rider of bike, joke teller, protector, listener, friend, is there when you need him, just tell him when, expert snow driver, grower of plants, hawaiian shirt wearer with khaki pants, early to bed and early to rise, works harder than anyone i know to provide, story teller, jokester, always has a trick up his sleeve, best christmas giver that i've ever seen, lover of surprises, listening ear, throws the best bbqs and parties each year, humble, spiritual, makes our house a home, shovels the drive way, pays for our cell phones, wakes us some mornings with a song that he wrote, praises our talents, never forgets to vote, blasts country music and we all sing along, adventurous spirit, admits when hes wrong, the list could go on, it could be so vast and wide, but the thing i love most, is that he's always on my side.
love you daddy.

6 comments:

Barb said...

What a sweet and fun tribute to your dad!

tiffany said...

Damn. Could you re-write what I wrote to my dad for me?

(Seriously, this is beautifully sweet.)

Anonymous said...

I think if I could be half as good of a dad as your dad is I would be doing ok.

Em said...

Oh, that is so sweet! You win for being most creative.

Anonymous said...

that is sweet...he will cry...you know he will. ha
we have a great daddy :)

jamieanne said...

The 'pays for our cell phones' had me rolling. This is a sweet and lovely tribute.