Wednesday, May 2, 2007

man vs. wild wednesdays

man vs. wild on the discovery channel is one of my new most favorite shows. discovery has all the best shows, p.s.

first of all...the host is explorer-author-manly man-goodness bear grylls. {and he has a sexy, sexy british accent to boot.}

he bravely goes where no man has gone before...well, ok, man has been there before but bear teaches you how to survive in some of the most vast and dangerous wilderness's on earth.

find yourself stranded in the ruthless utah desert? no problemo for bear. he seamlessly navigates through an endless expanse of red dirt and teaches you what to do in almost any situation you might encounter.

stranded on a desert island in the middle of the ocean? bear shows you how to find food, make weapons for hunting and protection, build shelters, start fires, signal for help, and even how to build a raft and ward off circling sharks. i thought the bit about how to cut down bamboo trees was especially interesting.

coolest show ever people.

so...in honor of my new found love for man vs. wild let me introduce:

man vs. wild wednesdays

{i think the italicized, large, brown font makes it more exciting!!!}

in this clip bear teaches us how to avoid shark attacks. as i have mentioned before i have a ridiculously unfounded fear of sharks. honestly, it is sort of silly considering that the nearest ocean is hundreds of miles away. so, clearly, this is valuable and vital information for me. {hee}

you can watch all the episodes of man vs. wild on wonderful you tube.

3 comments:

Carole said...

yes, yes, yes. I love that show. He does eat some pretty nasty stuff though. Sometimes I have to close my eyes.

Em said...

k that shark part is soooo freaking scary! I wanted to cry! Not as scary as a ghost though.

Barb said...

I love that show, too! I loved the one where he was in the Uintas- I was like, hey, I'd better pay attention to this one!