Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gus.

a favorite post from the past that i am re-posting so i won't lose it forever.
...
there is something...'not normal'...growing out of the drain in our tub. in fact, 'not normal' does not even begin to describe it. whatever it is, it has made itself a nice little home in our lukewarm, 10-day-old bath water. it looks like a jellyfish, all gooey and transparent.

"how?!", i thought to myself, "does a jellyfish make it all they way to SLC from the ocean, up our water pipes, and into our bath tub?"

ever the curious one, i decided to reach my bare hand into the water to give it a little poke. as my finger descended upon the creature, it actually moved away from me. i kid you not people. little gooey tub monster was like, "oh no you DIDN'T just stick your finger at me!"

so, for now, he is living in our tub undisturbed. who knows how long it will take Mr. Landlord to make it over to fix the problem...weeks? months? years? it is as if little gooey tub monster, who I shall call gus, picked the one apartment where he KNEW that there was little or no hope of our clogged tub EVER getting repaired.

well played gus. well played.

and here is a picture that i drew to better demonstrate to you the situation...

5 comments:

tiffany said...

Hilarious and frightening. Equally. :)

Robin said...

Why do you have 10-day-old water in your tub?

I'm Andrea said...

Robin,
Because the tub clogged and would not drain. We tried everything...taking the drain apart, pouring drain-o carton after drain-o carton in, calling our landlord (who refused to call a plumber but just could never find the time to make it over). Yuck!

Katrina said...

How does the story end?

I'm Andrea said...

The story ends with me moving out so I can finally have unclogged drains, running water and working heat. That apartment was falling apart!

As far as Gus...finally, after weeks of watiting, the landlord got our tub unclogged. And down the drain he went, never to be seen again. I kind of miss him though.