Thursday, May 31, 2007

100 Favorite Things For My 100th Post.

this post inspired me. *

100 of my most favorite things for my 100th post:
*
01. my family. mama, dad, megan, tyler, trent and danny {photo by jr}
02. spoon. the best band ever. period.
03. holladay. the town i grew up in, where my parents home is and where my grandparents lived
04. mt. olympus. my mountain, which is breathtaking in every season; snow covered with hazy, blue fog dusting the tippy tops, burning bright red and orange as the leaves change for fall, vibrant green and sprinkled with wild flowers in the spring and summer
05. tony caputo's prosciutto sandwich; piled high with the very, very best prosciutto, provolone cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and dripping with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. to die for.
06. vendi soy lattes with no foam
07. iced chai on a sunny patio in the summer time
08. anthropologie. buying or browsing are both equally wonderful
o9. robinson crusoe by daniel defoe
11. singing. seriously or jokingly, in the car, in the shower, in a stadium full of people, in church, late at night while lying in bed
12. snow storms {photo by me}
14. when the air gets cold enough that you can see your breath
15. being a student at the university
16. staying up all night, immersed in a book; or just being immersed in a good book in general. reading is love.
17. down comforters. i have 4 on my bed
18. and my bed for that matter. i guarantee mine is more comfy than yours
19. cream cheese, capers, tomato and lox on a toasted sesame seed bagel
20. collecting quotes
21. bookstores
22. receiving a mix c.d. that was made with love
23. staying home "sick" from work on rainy days and spending the whole day in bed eating take- out and watching movies
24. sushi. especially from ichiban
25. traveling. any place is fine with me. i love getting away, experiencing new places and meeting new people
26. fresh flowers, ranunculus are at the top of the list closely followed by orchids and peonies {photo by bloomsdayflowers}
27. french toast with raspberry frozen custard on top; the most surprisingly delicious treat i have ever tasted
28. dark hardwood floors
29. people who 'get it'. and if you are one of these people then you will 'get' what 'get it' means
30. home-made, hot, fresh, brick oven pizza. soooo yummy
31. spelling bees
32. eating popcorn at the movie theatre
33. tea
34. bookshelves
36. having money in the bank
37. horror movies. especially those in the zombie genre
38. soup and bread sticks from the soup kitchen
39. fish. live ones in fish bowls
40. will ferrell {because of this and this and this}
42. shoes. shoes, shoes, shoes and flip flops, oh, and shoes {photo by me}
43. chips and salsa
44. oil painting
46. people watching
47. hand massages
48. being the passenger on a long drive
49. cleaning and organizing. although you wouldn't know it from the state of my room
51. costco
52. eating out
53. staying in
54. long gmail correspondences
57. eat-a-burger in holladay, utah. best spicy fries, best burgers, best coke
58. disneyland
59. shopping at small, local markets. my favorites are both in salt lake city, liberty heights and emigration market
60. making lists
61. emily. who knows all my good and bad, and still loves me
62. claire. who would drop anything to be there for me, and who is the most non-judgemental friend
63. ghost stories
64. cold sheets
65. artichokes
66. taking a nap in front of my parents fire place {with a fire lit of course}
67. long, perfect eyelashes. which are somewhat of a commodity in my life
68. grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and chocolate milk
69. ice cold coke with lots of ice
70. mittens
71. outdoor concerts
72. summer dresses
73. tattoos
75. sarah silverman
77. b. who is so very good to me
78. 80s music
79. people with passion
80. real, in-the-mailbox mail
81. brightly painted toenails
82. halloween. my most favoritest holiday
83. people who know the difference between 'to', 'too' and 'two'
84. my digital camera and taking photographs
85. the phrase 'conniption fit'
87. libraries
88. paris. the art, the eiffel tower, the shopping {photo by yuri elizondo}
89. switzerland. the scenery the alps and chateaus and glacier lakes
90. italy. the pieta in st. peters basilica, the colosseum, the food
91. meg ryan and tom hanks movies. sleepless in seattle, you've got mail, joe versus the volcano and my very most favoritest french kiss {not a tom hanks movie i know, but i love it dearly}. i can watch these movies over and over again. chick flicks just aren't the same anymore.
92. hbo and bbc
93. salt
94. hot baths. i try to take at least one a day
95. village inn at 1 in the morning
96. floppy. the stuffed bunny i have had since i was 5
97. blue
98. my daddy. he's always on my side
99. eating, talking, laughing all night with friends
100. art. art in all forms. just art.
*
thanks for reading, friends.

10 comments:

Barb said...

Andrea- my dear. You have a way of making this life seem more fragile, more rich, more genuine, more wholesome and more wonderful! What a great post! Let's hang out in real life, k? Email me barbaralynnthornton@gmail.com and we can go to lunch.

Em said...

I got a shout out, wahoo! I love it!

Robin said...

This is a great list. I actually planned on making a list just like this for my 100th post (which was yesterday) but I didn't swing it. Now I feel bad, is there still time for me? Maybe I will still do one.

P.S. I love your oil paintings from your previous post.

tiffany said...

I love your list! I also love "conniption fit". :)

Ali Flegal said...

I don't know why, but I feel smarter after I read your blog. You have a beautiful way with words.

alyson. said...

oh, Andrea! I loved reading this. especially the part about staying home sick on rainy days and grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup and chocolate milk.

marta said...

andrea.. it was so nice to finally meet you! wow. how fun and sweet you are. this list is great.. and so many of them, i completely 'get'. 17, 34, 38, 45 and 71. yes, yes, yes.

Eric, Maere & Max said...

So much fun to read! I am a huge Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks fan also! I felt like I really got to know you through reading this. Thanks.

maggienikole said...

at the risk of writing my own 100 list i love 8, 14, 21, 26, 28, 32, 34, 36, 84 and of course 46!

on a separate note, you know the black flips i posted the other day. thought you might like to know they are from zara and they were totally inexpensive, even for a student like me :)

Sarah said...

Oh dear I am late in commenting and there are SO many things I am with you on! Sorry, this is going to be long...
11, 12 (they don't happen that often for me), 16, 21, 22, 23 (we call them mental health days), 24, 25, 26, 34, 36, 41, 42, 43, 45, 46, 48, 49, 52, 53, 56, 60, 71, 80, 83 (Yes! yes! yes! and also people who know the difference between your and you're). 87, 90, 92 & 99.
Phew that was long.
I love this post!