Saturday, April 21, 2007

In Memory Of

Yuri, my dear, sweet friend, you were such an amazing and talented photographer and a passionate artist. I will miss your kind and generous heart, your endless sense of humor, your compassion, your love and friendship. In November, as a favor to me, you did a photo shoot with my siblings and I as a Christmas gift for my parents. This was one of the last photo shoots that you took part in and is a day that I will forever remember. The results were amazing:



My heart aches over this incredible loss. I am devastated. You changed my life in innumerable ways. Yuri, I will miss you forever.
His amazing photography can be viewed on his personal website here.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Yuri was, and is a wonderful person. I too will miss him forever. I know that he is in a better place and will watch over all of us forever.

Sarah said...

Andrea I'm so sorry for your loss. A great friend of mine died suddenly a couple of years ago and he too was an amazing talent. I know how your heart is aching. I'll never fully understand why some people get taken so early but we should feel blessed that our paths crossed and they were part of our lives. Even if only for a short time.
Yuri's portfolio is amazing. Truly a great loss.
The pictures of your family are wonderful. What precious memories to have. The one where your brother is kicking his heels is gorgeous. Big hugs x

Barb said...

Andrea- That is so so sad and I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. He seems so vivacious and wonderful- I'm sure his life will be very missed by many people.

liz said...

andrea, i am so sorry to hear about this. i hope you are doing okay. love you.

Lindsey said...

Andrea i am so sorry for your loss. His photography is gorgeous and he looks like he was such a vibrant person.

marta said...

andrea, it must be so painful to lose someone you knew so well.. it is especially sad when someone with so much talent and depth leaves us. my condolences to you.

these photos of you and your siblings are incredible. what a special memory and keepsake for you in these moments of heartache.

Carolyn said...

andrea,
so sorry to hear of your loss... what an incredible talent...
xoxox

sarah said...

Andrea, I had no idea. I'm so sorry, and let me know if you need anything.

Claire said...

Yuri was an amazing person. I have never known anyone as REAL as he was. He let everyone in. He had a very unique outlook on life. I am glad I had the opportunity to know him and to be exposed to such passion.

I'm Andrea said...

So so true Claire. And I think that is a large part of the sadness. The world needs more Yuris. There will never be anyone like him. The loss is great.